|The ministers' wives in your church are special ladies with a set of needs unique to ministers' families.
Make special efforts to take care of a minister's wife and family by trying a few practical ministry ideas:
- First and foremost, pray for her. Ask for her prayer requests, and check back for answered prayers. If she shares with you, confidentiality is a must.
- Ask her to give her testimony at a women's event.
- Get to know her. The following link will lead you to a questionnaire that will help you get to know your ministers' wives.
- Recognize her during pastor appreciation month (October) as part of the pastoral family.
- Take up a love offering just for her.
- Send her cards and notes of encouragement.
- Remember birthdays and anniversaries with cards and or gifts.
- Be sensitive to ministers' family time.
- Be responsive in times of illness or needs.
- Give her a prepaid phone card so she can call family and friends without added expense.
- Offer free childcare so that she can have a break from the kids.
- Give her a gift certificate to her favorite restaurant.
- Go shopping with her, and buy her a new dress or outfit (Don’t just give her the money - she’s like every other woman and will probably spend it on the kids or something for the home!).
- Invite her to have lunch with the girls.
- Pay for her to have a manicure, pedicure, or a day at the spa.
- Pay for the minister's family to have a night out (ballgame, movie, or dinner)
- Pay expenses so that she may attend women's ministry or ministers' wives events.
- Give her a gift of thank-you cards, and include a book of stamps.